Area Office on Aging Website Assignment
Im working on a Health & Medical exercise and need support.
Each student will visit the Area Office on Aging website (https://www.areaofficeonaging.com/) and explore what information the website has to offer. Then they will do the following:
- Click on the Services tab at the top of the main page.
- Browse though some of the 1400 services within all counties in Ohio
- Select five different services (of your choice) that you found interesting
In a Microsoft Word document (that you will submit online), you need to include the following information:
- The names of the five services/organizations websites that interested you the most (this can be bulleted)
- Which one of these 5 do you believe would be most beneficial for older adults and why (approximately half a page)?
- Locate and identify at least three other organizations in which one could find similar services offered as what is offered in your selected #2 above. Include the names and the websites (or phone numbers) of these organizations.
Using the same website, click on Events and read through the list of upcoming events. On the same Word document that you had Part 1, include the following:
- Identify which 3 events (and dates) within the next two months that you would recommend to an older adult that you know. This can be done in a bulleted list.
- Describe why you believe these events would be beneficial for this older adults that you know (approximately half a page).
Students will be graded using the following criteria:
Identifies current and appropriate sources from the website (across both parts)
Up to 4 points
Quality of writing for Part 1 (sentence structure, grammar, spelling)
Up to 3 points
Quality of writing for Part 2 (sentence structure, grammar, spelling)
Up to 3 points