BIO201 Public Health and the Environment Discusson forum 200 words and 2 APA citations
Im studying and need help with a Environmental Science question to help me learn.
- Chapters 1-4 in Key Concepts in Public Health
- Withers, M., Press, D., Wipfli, H., McCool, J., Chang-Chuan, C., Jimba, M., & …, Samet, J. (2016). Training the next generation of global health experts: Experiences and recommendations from Pacific Rim universities. Globalization & Health, 12, 1-7. doi:10.1186/s12992-016-0162-z
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia. (2014). Public health. (For a detailed description of what public health means in common terms.)
Module 2: Discussion Forum
Your Portfolio Project for this class is a community action plan designed to alleviate or correct a public health issue in your community. Your community can be any of the following areas: your community of residence, your business, your school, your community of birth, or former communities you lived in. Consider the philosophical and ethical foundations of public health presented in Chapters 1 and 2 of Public Health Ethics and how the issues in your community compare to the authors presentation of global public health issues all communities face.
For your discussion this week, tell us the public health issue and the community you are considering using for your Portfolio Project.
- In your post, discuss your public health idea. Incorporate at least two references from a newspaper, trade magazine, website, or peer-reviewed journal that speak to the public health issue you have selected. One reference must speak about the specific public health problem in the community you have selected to examine. The second reference must offer up a potential solution to the type of public health issue you have identified (it does not need to refer to your specific issue in the community you are working on).
- Discuss any ethical, moral, or political responsibility, as described in Chapters 1 and 2 of Public Health Ethics, that you feel your community has to address.
- Post your response by Thursday.