Complete Statistics Task Due (ASHFORD)
I’m working on a Statistics question and need guidance to help me study.
Inferential Statistics Article Critique
[WLOs: 3, 4, 5, 6] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the assigned readings and the instructor guidance for the week, complete the learning activity, read the Ashford Writing Center resource Writing an Article Critique (Links to an external site.), view the Ashford University Library tutorial How to Read a Scholarly Article (Links to an external site.), and review the required video Test statistics: Crash Course statistics #26 (Links to an external site.). Your instructor will post an announcement with the reference for the article to be critiqued in this assignment. Read the article assigned by your instructor and identify the research questions and/or hypotheses as they are stated. Consider the following questions: What are the variables (sample sizes, population, treatments, etc.)? What are the inferential statistics used in this article? Were the proper steps of hypothesis testing followed?
Your article critique paper must
- Determine what question(s) the authors are trying to answer by doing this research, the hypothesis being tested, and the concepts that were applied in this process.
- Evaluate the article and critique the statistical analysis employed in the study.
- Identify the specific statistical tests used. Were the tests appropriate for the situation and type of data?
- Would you have included more and/or different variables? Explain your answer.
- Examine the results, assumptions, interpretations, and limitations of the statistical study.
- Interpret the findings of the author(s) using statistical concepts.
- What would you have done differently? Why?
- Discuss how either the statistical test(s) used in this study or the findings of this research might be useful in your future career.
The Inferential Statistics Article Critique assignment
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear statement that indicates the purpose of your paper, to critique the assigned research study article.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use the assigned article in addition to the course text. Additional sources are optional. You may choose to include a peer-reviewed journal article about the research design or the data analysis method used in the study.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.