I need an explanation for this Management question to help me study.
450 – 550 words
Apply knowledge of the bid and proposal processes, including preparing the make-or-buy analysis, project bid proposal, preparing an RFP and a response, and formulating a contract strategy.
Apply the principles of contract administration, including monitoring the work of contractors, and managing project contracts.
Explain the legal and ethical considerations surrounding contracts including the risk distribution and allocation function of contracts.
What kind of contract will you pursue for each of the following purchases related to this project?
- Hiring technicians to install and configure the software for your environment
- Hiring a training entity to teach the student PMs the mechanics of using the new tool
- Buying a new server and software to run the tool and house the project database
- Hiring tool usage experts to transfer knowledge to the student PMs about the use of the tool on the job for the first 60 days after going live
- Planning for the removal and disposal of the scheduling tool software and hardware that are no longer to be used
- In 450 words, address the following for each of the 5 bulleted items listed in the assignment description:
- Which contract type is the most appropriate for the product or service purchase?
- How would you effectively justify your selection to other project managers?
- What arguments might they use to debate your selection?
- How would you effectively address those arguments?
- What risks are associated with the type of contract selected?
- Explain exactly how you factored these risks into your selection.
- What general purposes and functions does the contract type address?
- How does the selected contract meet the project objectives?
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
ALSO Responded to Two Discussion Posts which will be Attached with the Class Scenario