Creation of a Bailment Relationship
Im studying for my Business Law class and need an explanation.
- Consider the following scenario:
Jeff is an avid UNCChapel Hill basketball fan and drives to the Greensboro Coliseum to watch his beloved Tarheels play in the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) basketball tournament against their arch-rivals, the Duke University Blue Devils. When Jeff arrives at the parking lot, he pays $20 to the attendant for parking and takes a ticket. On the ticket is printed WARNING: Not responsible for damage to personal property while on Greensboro Coliseum premises. He parks his car, puts his keys in his pocket, and enters the Coliseum.
Jeff is overjoyed as he watches the Tar Heels beat the Blue Devils by 30 points. Returning to his vehicle, he is shocked to see his windshield bashed in and surmises that the perpetrator must have been a Blue Devil fanafter all, a large, heavy Blue Devil statue now protrudes from Jeff’s Carolina-blue cars windshield! Jeff also surmises that the vandal is probably long gone by now (since the Tar Heels were leading by 25 points at halftime) and already well within the protective confines of the stone wall surrounding Duke University 60 miles away.
- In a one- to two-page letter, advise Jeff of his legal rights against the Greensboro Coliseum for damage to his vehicle.
- The one- to two-page letter should contain 250 to 500 words.
- Follow APA formatting, including using 12-point font.
- Correct use of citations and references is required.