Making a Recommendation about Proposed Rule Based on Comments (argumentative paper)
I need an explanation for this Political Science question to help me study.
PLEASE WRITE ADOPTING THIS RULE
FORMAT FOLLOWING SAMPLE PAPER
Rule Proposal: https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=FDA-2019-N-…
Comments Docket: https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=FDA-2019-N-14…
For this assignment, you will be writing a formal, argumentative report that weighs your rule’s evidence and public comments. Prepare a five-paragraph analytical argument for why the agency should either adopt or reject the proposal.You must include arguments or evidence from three different comments supporting or rejecting the proposal.
– Length: 2 pages (2.5 pages max—try to keep it to 2, though, doesn’t include reference).
– Format: Single-spaced, double-spacing between paragraphs. Five paragraphs. APA format—don’t forget in-text citations and a works cited page.
– Purpose: To argue for or against your rule (or how to revise it).
When constructing your arguments, think in these terms: Claim, Counterargument, Rebuttal.
– Claim: This is the argument, the position, you are advancing.
– Counterargument: This is what you could imagine the best opposing argument to your claim could be.
– Rebuttal: This is where you acknowledge the merits of the opposing side, but quickly move to say why your position is not only superior but also why the counterclaim is flawed.