I’m trying to study for my Writing course and I need some help to understand this question.
Topic Discussion – Killing Us Softly 4
2929 unread replies.2929 replies.
Watch the (REQUIRED) film Killing Us Softly 4, and write a reflection about your reaction to it, framed by any or all of the discussion questions below:
1. What most surprised you about the film?
2. What are some stereotypical stories media tell about women? What are some
stereotypical stories media tell about men? Give some examples of each.
3. What is responsible advertising? Do advertisers have a responsibility to society? Do
they have a responsibility to children? Why or why not?
4. How is success most frequently portrayed in advertisements? Give some specific
examples. Are there forms of success that advertisements seem to leave out? What are
they? Why do you think they’re not as common in ads as other kinds of success?
6. Anything else you’d like to add about this film.
Feel free to embed media examples that illustrate your points.
When you have finished your reflection, comment in a friendly and meaningful way on at least two of your classmates’ posts. Be sure to start your comment with a greeting that includes that classmate’s name, and leave your first comment for a post that hasn’t received any comments yet.
You won’t be able to see anyone else’s posts until you first leave your own.
Short film reflection of 300 words or more addressing any combination of the questions above. = 15 points
Meaningful/substantial comments that add something to the conversation, on at least two classmates’ posts. = 10 points