April 7th, 2023
Need help with my Health & Medical question – Im studying for my class.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Answer should be one paragraph for each question, No sources needed.
Q1. How would you use the P.E.R.I.E. process to address the problem of opioid use in the U.S.?
Q2. Choose one from below and post a response?
- You read that the rate of use of cocaine among teenagers has fallen by 50% in the last decade. You wonder where that information might come from.
- You hear that life expectancy in the United States is now approximately 80 years. You wonder what that implies about how long you will live and what that means for your grandmother, who is 82 and in good health.
- You hear on the news the gruesome description of a shark attack on a young boy from another state and decide to keep your son away from the beach. While playing at a friend’s house, your son nearly drowns after falling into the backyard pool. You ask why so many people think that drowning in a backyard pool is unusual when it is far more common than shark attacks.
- “Balancing the harms and benefits is essential to making decisions, your clinician says. The treatment you are considering has an 80% chance of working, but there is also a 20% chance of side effects. “What do I need to consider when balancing the harms and the benefits? you ask.
- You are faced with a decision to have a medical procedure. One physician tells you there’s no other choice and you must undergo the procedure, another tells you about the harms and benefits and advises you to go ahead, and the third lays out the options and tells you it’s your decision. Why are there such different approaches to making decisions these days?
- You travel to a country in Asia and find that this nation’s culture affects most parts of life. From the food the people eat and their method of cooking, to their attitudes toward medical care, to their beliefs about the cause of disease and the ability to alter it through public health and medical interventions, this country is profoundly different from the United States. You ask: How does culture affect health?
- You are working in a country with strict religious practices and find that religion, like culture, can have major impacts on health. Religious practices differ widely–from beliefs about food and alcohol; to sexual practices, such as male circumcision and female sexual behavior; to acceptance or rejection of interventions aimed at women’s health. You ask: How does religion affect health? What are some examples?
Q3. Post your response to the following: