The Garland School of Social Work is seeking students who have a desire to make a lasting impact and have demonstrated potential for success in graduate studies.
Im trying to study for my Sociology course and I need some help to understand this question.
* Indicates required field
The Garland School of Social Work is seeking students who have a desire to make a lasting impact and have demonstrated potential for success in graduate studies. As part of your MSW application, you are required to submit a 4-5 page essay. Your essay should include the four headings below and address all questions within each heading. Responses for each heading should be no more than 500 words. This essay is an opportunity to highlight your strengths and motivation for pursuing social work.
Social Work Profession
- In your own words, explain your understanding of the social work profession.
- Describe the personal characteristics that equip you for this field.
- Thoroughly outline the professional and personal experiences that have inspired you to pursue social work.
Advocating for Others
The field of social work is about recognizing social injustices and working to eliminate barriers often faced by underrepresented populations.
- Describe your experiences with recognizing social injustice.
- Describe how a graduate degree in social work can help equip you to eliminate these barriers.
The Diana R. Garland School of Social Work is dedicated to producing alumni who are influencing the social welfare of people, families, and communities through service and leadership by integrating faith with practice.
- Describe what this statement means to you.
- Describe how Baylor’s program will influence you as a practitioner.
- Describe a societal issue.
- Address the following questions in your response:
- Why does this issue deserve public action and resources?
- How has society contributed to this issue?
- Describe how social workers can take action to address the issue and how you might take an active leadership role.
- Include any personal experiences which have contributed to your understanding of this issue.
- Provide at least one source supporting this issue.