Im working on a Law question and need guidance to help me study.
The subject of domestic terrorism in the United States is arguably a study in idiosyncratic political violence. Indigenous terrorist groups reflected the American political and social environments during historical periods when extremist chose to engage in political violence.
In the modern era, left wing and right-wing political violence grew from very different circumstances. Leftists violence evolved from a uniquely American social environment that produced the civil rights, Black Power, and New Left movements.
Rightist violence grew out of a combination of historical racial and nativist animosity combined with modern applications of religious and antigovernment ideologies.
In the early years of the new millennium, threats continued to emanate from right- wing anti-government and radical supremacist extremist. Potential violence from leftist extremist remained low in comparison with the right. The September 11, 2001, attacks created a new security environment with an international dimension. The question of terrorism originating from domestic sources inspired by international events and ideologies became very plausible.
- Assume that a nascent anarchist movement continues in its opposition to globalism. How should the modern leftist movement be described? What is the potential for violence originating from modern extremist on the left?
- Keeping in mind the many conspiratorial and mystical beliefs of the American right, what is the potential for violence from adherents of these theories to the modern American environment
- As a matter of policy, how closely should hate and antigovernment groups be monitored? What restrictions should be imposed on their activities? Why?
- Is the American activity profile truly idiosyncratic profile, or can it be compared with other nations environments? If so, how? If not, why not?
- What are the factors that may give rise to a resurgence of a rightist movement on the scale of the 1990s Patriot movement. What trends indicate that it will occur? What trends indicate it will not occur?
Remember to provide supporting evidence in the form of citations and references from outside research. Respond to at least two of your peers.
YOUR ROLE: Students are expected to submit one main response (with citations and references) to the discussion board topic and also are expected to respond to at least two other students (with citations and references.
Your main response should be at least 250 words. (Yes, I will check.)
You should conduct outside research for scholarly sources, which will be cited and referenced in your posts.
Subsequent responses can be a bit shorter (minimum 100). If you respond in an intelligent manner to more than two students, your grade may be higher.
Your first response is due by Wednesday of the week.
Your subsequent responses must be done on a subsequent day/s.
MY ROLE: My role in the Discussion Board is to facilitate and guide your discussions. I will occasionally jump in to clarify concepts or prompt further thought. I attempt to read and evaluate responses every day or two.